Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Day 13,14, 15 and 16

Day 13 Kenpo

Sorry for the late update, I have been really busy lately and just haven't had the time. But I did make the time for my workouts, sometimes they can be a little bit time consuming. Kenpo is a real sweaty workout, I really love this one, I look forward every week for this workout. With this workout, whenever throwing any punches or kicks, you have to be careful not to hyperextend (snap) your arms and legs. If you think that you're Bruce Lee, you could injury yourself. Try your best to stay injury free. I think I really enjoy this because there is a lot of kickboxing moves and fighting moves. When doing it you feel like a ninja and the time goes by pretty fast.

Day 14 Rest or X stretch

This day I just took the rest day, my day was so busy I didn't have time to do the X stretch. I wish I could of, it feels so good and makes it better for the next week. Today I returned the heart monitor I originally bought because it was to hard to use. I bought a better one that was way better to use and I like it a lot more. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for.

Day 15 Chest and Back

This week is going to be really crazy for me, so it may be hard for me to find some time to exercise. So far I haven't missed a day...whoo-hoo. I had a massage this morning, boy did I feel great after than, I was much over due for one. Good thing I have a really good massage therapist, she is great. This is also the start of my week three, which is pretty exicting. The last two weeks went by pretty fast, crazy. I still can't beileve I finished all that. Chest and Back is one of the workouts I hate the most. It is all push-ups, chin-ups and pull-ups (I am not very good at it and I just don't like them). I have been doing better so that is good. This workout is as many repetitions as possible while maintaning good form through the whole workout. I am glad this workout is done for awhile.

Day 16 Plyometrics

Today is plyometrics, the mother of all workouts. I'm doing this for the third time around. I did the whole workout without stopping for the first time, it felt awesome. My calfs also felt stronger; another bounus for me. I kinda like this workout now, I didn't care for it before. Maybe because you feel better that you can do it you feel stronger. This workout is super hard and very intense. You will feel the burn baby. It will wipe you out. The key to this exercicies is to ensure proper takeoff and landing. You can achieve this by leaping off the toes and landing softly and quietly on the balls of the feet. Make sure that you have lots of cushion and think catwomen or spiderman. It's a real calorie burner, so give it your best and forget the rest.

1 comment:

  1. you were testing me to see if i was reading this... and i was... ;)
    thanks, you're great too.. keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete